Tuesday 8 January 2013

1st long run done

I did end up getting out this morning, my hubby got back and I left straight away.  I found the 10mile harder than I thought I would although on my training plan I had a pace of 8,40 p/m and I actually ran at an average pace of 8,15 .....I must learn to slow down!
The rest of the day was nothing special, Hubby on stand-down now for 4 days so he went out for his run after we'd picked up Eloise from pre-school and I gave the girls lunch, then tried to go shopping, I say tried shops were all shut, honestly this country some things I will not miss about Cyprus and the convenience we have in the UK is so appealing.  Sold our car now (well got a deposit so fingers crossed), booked removals and flights and sorted delivery date to our new address for all our stuff that's in storage so the ball is rolling for the move.
Going to take 2 rest days now and get some packing up done, and then on Friday whilst my husband is still off I plan on doing 6m of yasso 800s (which is basically shuttles of 1/2 mile ran in 3,40 then 1/2 mile recovery at slow pace repeated) the. Rest day and a slow 4miler on Sunday (hubby will be on 12hr day shift then so will be more challenging to force myself out for that one in the cold and dark) to complete my first week.
Will plan and think about next week when I get there, but hey 1/2 way through my first week, so just 15 and 1/2 to go to marathon day!

No comments:

Post a Comment