Sunday 6 January 2013

Week 1, run 1

So I went for my first run of my 16 week training programme tonight.  Decided to start with just a 5k, as I have to fit in my runs round my hubby's shifts.
He has been on nights so this morning I was up with kids then after lunch I'd promised my oldest girl I'd take her to the cinema to see Tinkerbell (which i might add was tiring in itself -with 3 toilet trips, lots of seat swapping, digging through the bag for sweets, 3d glasses on and off- note to self three is to young for the cinema!)
After I got back from the cinema my other half was fab (think he felt rested after a big lie in and the afternoon with just the easy little one) he started our tea (chilli) and made kids tea (I'd already made mash just to be warmed and i'd already planned they were just having easy sausage mash and veg cos we'd been at cinema).  He encouraged me to get out even though the weather was miserable and I really didn't feel like it.
Pleased I got out though, even though I got soaking wet I got myself 20minutes peace and quiet, when I got in kids had eaten tea and cleaning up after tea had been done (that's the worst part of the day for me!) and I achieved my 5k in the time I wanted to, 21,57.  Even had a glimpse at what it's going to be like running in Norfolk when we move back to the UK as I was freezing and soaking when I got in!
Rest day tomorrow before my long run on Weds morning while the biggest is at pre-school.  Got a 10mile planned in for the first of my long runs, the last 10mile I did was 22nd Dec so as long as I remember to eat well and go to bed at a decent time I should be fine and rested for it!
Check back on Weds to see how I got on with my planned 10miler or you can keep track on my nike plus page http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/running/home/Melaniereed I have the nike plus sports watch which I love!!  Helps me with my pace on tempo runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment