Thursday 10 January 2013

First attempt at yasso 800s

I had planned on doing my 6m of yasso 800s (800m in 3min40sec, then 800m recovery-repeated) on Friday (today) but a window opened up yesterday aft lunch.  The little one went to bed and the big one, tired out from pre school was quite content to sit and watch a bit of Peppa Pig so I though it was a good time to leave the hubby in charge and not feel too guilty about it.  He tells me I shouldn't feel guilty as he goes to the gym too but I think it's a mum thing especially seeing as I don't work it feels more my role to look after the children so feel bad about doing anything other, silly I know!
Anyway i was very happy with myself, I managed 6miles fairly easily and actually felt I could have maybe pushed for 8.  Really pleased with that as by the end of my training I need to be able to run 10miles of yasso 800s and I've got about 10weeks until I attempt that!  My plan says 8m yasso 800s at the end of this month and now I'm quite confident I will manage this!  I read somewhere that providing you have done the all important long runs, then if you can do the 10mile of yasso 800s in the time set (you convert the hours into minutes and the minutes into hours ie, 3hour40min marathon would be 3min 40sec yasso 800s) then you are n your way to achieving your marathon time.  I know this is no guarantee and mental strength will have a lot to do with it too!
Something must be working because when I first attempted yasso 800s, 5m nearly killed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment