Sunday 6 January 2013

From mum to marathon.... 16weeks untill my first ever marathon

I am a mum of two young children, my oldest being 3 and my youngest 13 months.  Whilst I would say I have always been sporty I never really did running before I had my children.  In the 3 years since being a mum I have ran 3 x 10k races, 1 x 5k and 2 x half marathons and I really wanted to challenge myself so I entered my first ever marathon (something I always wanted to do but never thought I could achieve it!)
I entered the Manchester Marathon which takes place on the 28th April (16 weeks today) and I have decided to start this blog to show how I am coping with juggling family life with marathon training.  We've even got a house, actually correction country move (Cyprus to England - my hubby is RAF) 6 weeks before race date so wish me luck!!  I would love to think that maybe it could help to inspire other mums, after all we are all superwomen!  So get on those running shoes set yourself a target (doesn't have to be a marathon, something achievable for you) and join me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment